Sunday, June 7, 2009

If Today Was Your Last Day...Apologies


This being my last day I just wanted to say...I love you in the following way:

I am sorry I could not be everything you wanted
I am sorry I could not be everything you needed
I am sorry I could not give you everything you wanted
I am sorry I could not give you everything you needed

I am sorry for not always listening to you
I am sorry for not always hearing you
I am sorry I did not always give you my best
I am sorry I did not always try my best for you

I am sorry I took you for granted
I am sorry that I was not enough

I am sorry that I hurt you
I am sorry for ever wanting to hurt you
I am sorry that I caused you pain

I am sorry that I loved another
I am sorry that I sought another

I am sorry that I could not help you achieve your dream

I am sorry for my silence when you needed sound
I am sorry for my fears when you needed courage
I am sorry for being a boy when you needed a man
I am sorry for the many times I've said "No", when I knew you needed a "Yes"

I am sorry for not doing all the things I said I would
I am sorry for not always doing the things that I knew I could do

I am sorry I lied
I am sorry I made you cry
I am sorry I disappointed you
I am sorry I embarrassed you
I am sorry I ever judged you
I am sorry that I kept many of my secrets from you
I am sorry that I was not all that I promised I would be
I am sorry that I did not "let you in"

I am sorry I did not hug you more
I am sorry I did not love you more
I am sorry I did not say all of this to you before
Thank you for sharing in my life.

I love you.

No comments: